Do you have what it takes?
- Ability to catch and groom horse safely
- Competency in tacking with bridle and saddle independently
- Basic horse handling skills on the ground
- Solid, balanced seat at the walk/trot (and canter for some horses)
How To Get a Lease:
1. Fill out an application by clicking the button below
2. Complete background check and waiver form
3. Demonstrate catching, grooming, tacking, and balanced riding at walk/trot (canter if required)
What to expect . . .
Once you complete the 3 steps and are accepted as a free-lease recipient, you can expect the following:
- Access to a horse 2-3 times per week to groom, ground train, or ride
- Times are limited to hours of operation
- Bi-monthly lesson with Allie, PATH Certified Instructor (if you so choose)
- Use of barn, outdoor cross ties, round pen, and 60 x 120 arena
- We have 6 therapy horses and will help you decide which one is a good fit! Some are considered a little "green" under saddle. Some are walk/trot only. Some can jump! Some have weight restrictions. All of them are LOVELY beings and we trust you'll find one that you'll adore.
Dates for free leases::
spring: March 12 - May 14
Summer: June 4 - july 27
Not a rider? Prefer donkeys?
We've got you covered! Follow the same process to obtain a free lease of our miniature horses or donkey. They need love too and you can practice your ground training skills! **Donkey "lease" will only we awarded to someone demonstrating excellent ground training, natural horsemanship skills, patience, and gentleness.